Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Industrial Engineer I (663367) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Industrial Engineer I *
*What you'll do: *
- Apply Industrial Engineering and Lean concepts to a rapidly evolving low volume environment.
- Gather requirements for and communicate, facilitate, and implement improvements in manufacturing and laboratory areas.
- Develop and facilitate the creation of current and future facility layouts based on an optimized manufacturing flow to maximize efficiency and space utilization.
- Develop high level organizational standards and strategies to improve operational efficiency at a factory level.
- Serve as a practitioner of Lean techniques to improve work flows using Value Stream Mapping and other Industrial Engineering toolsets.
- Work with manufacturing and engineering operational execution leadership to establish operational performance measurements.
- Develop standards including labor and equipment utilization and work center performance.
- Evaluate and document work center operations, work area design, process/material flow and work methods for improved efficiency.
- Perform capacity demand analysis from forecast data and provide solutions to meet continued growth.
- Conduct time studies and establish engineering standards.
- Create and deliver effective presentations to department staff.
- Conduct information gathering meetings and collaborative sessions to gain a better understanding of flow and work methods.
- Perform computer simulations of operations involving multiple programs in a high mix / low volume environment.
- Design and prepare building and equipment layouts.
- Support continuous improvement activities including 6S, TPM, Value Stream Mapping, and the implementation of single piece flow.
- Identify and implement ways to automate data collection and analysis.
- Manage strategic capital equipment purchase and installation efforts from selection through implementation.
- Manage lean project implementations including schedule and budget management.
- Formulate tactical area plans based on lean studies to improve areas with a long-term vision.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Determine and track ROI for lean activity implementation
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What you'll need: *
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 2 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Low volume / high mix manufacturing experience is desired.
- Experience with the implementation of Lean initiatives.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MS Suite and Excel.
- Experience with manufacturing simulation software such as FlexSim.
- Exceptional knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, which includes both the business philosophy aspect as well as the "toolset".
- Experience performing capacity demand analysis.
- Functional project management skills to lead project teams and mentor junior engineers.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as a team player in challenging environments.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
*Working Conditions: *
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations will be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Industrial Engineer I (663367)
Job ID: 663367
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time