Bloomberg System Reliability Engineer - Real Time Market Data and News Feeds - Hong Kong in Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job Requisition Number: 62298
Bloomberg is a premiere provider of data. We combine news and data from more than 80,000 news wires, 4,000 FX feeds and 370 exchanges around the world – totaling more than 60 billion ticks a day. Our technology allows our customers to exchange more than 300 million messages and nearly 17 million chats daily. We build real-time software for high impact systems that is core to the Bloomberg infrastructure. We process market data from around the world, driving the majority of downstream Bloomberg applications. We address the market demand for low-latency solutions by delivering the world's most reliable, timely and accurate financial data.
What’s your role in this?
As a System Reliability Engineer (SRE) at Bloomberg, your mission is to drive the automation of our production operations, everything from reaction to failures, deployment, testing, and quality checks. You will ensure the optimal availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of more than ten thousand client-facing applications. We’ll expect you to own our production environment – from the initial design phases to ensuring continuous high availability. You should be comfortable working alongside other engineers to help fix and debug issues with the production environment.
We’ll trust you to:
- Investigate, triage, and troubleshoot production problems as they occur
- Create and maintain common and integrated standards with respect to logging, latency, troubleshooting, and monitoring
- Develop and maintain tools used in investigating production problems
- Review and influence the design and standards of the software
- Measure current capacity, predict future capacity needs and make suggestions accordingly
- Automate deployment and configuration management, quality (including functional and capacity testing), and reaction to problems
- Facilitate continuous integration/continuous deployment
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated understanding of how production systems are put together and experience with triaging and solving problems with them
- Hands-on experience in Python, C/C++ or any other programming language
- Strong experience with Unix/Linux systems including command line and tools used in troubleshooting
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with configuration management tools
- Practical knowledge of networking such as TCP/UDP/IP
- Familiarity with monitoring tools
- Experience with virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Experience with big data technologies
- Knowledge of containerization technologies
- Software packaging and deployment experience
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.