AMETEK, Inc. Electrical Engineer in Madison, Wisconsin
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:40
Location:US - Wisconsin - Madison
Division:MMA - Materials Analysis Division
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
Cameca (www.cameca.com) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of scientific instruments for elemental and isotopic microanalysis. Cameca is a business unit of Ametek, Inc. with offices located in France, the UK, and Madison, WI. Cameca is committed to continuously broadening our product offerings and expanding the range of applications each instrument and technique can address through sustained, long-term R&D investments and close collaborations with leading academic research units. Today, our products serve a broad range of laboratory and process control applications in end markets that include semiconductor, nano-science, biology, environment, geology, nuclear and material sciences.
Ametek offers a superior work environment including competitive pay and excellent benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As an Electrical Engineer you will work with the Cameca Madison R&D team designing and developing next generation Atom Probe microscopes. Specific responsibilities of this position include:
• Design of advanced high-speed analog and digital electronics and cable assemblies for instrumentation and control of complex scientific equipment.
• Development of programmable logic code, firmware, and control software as needed to functionalize custom electronics.
• Leadership in the release to production of both new designs and of modifications to existing products including: hands on assembly, inspection, and testing of prototypes; coordination with the purchasing team to ensure BOM accuracy, and the training of production and service technicians.
• Creation of procedures and documentation as required for assembly, bench testing, and systems level quality assurance of electronic assemblies.
• Support of the manufacturing department as the main point of contact for contract electronics and cable manufactures.
• Support of the service department via hands on trouble shooting and phone support as needed.
• Participation in cross functional design reviews of complex mechanical, optical, and electronic assemblies.
We are looking for a self-motivated team player with proven success in the design and development of complex electronic systems. Specific qualifications include:
• Solid fundamental knowledge of Electrical / Computer engineering principles.
• Knowledge of high speed digital design practices including:
o Multilayer circuit board design and layout, Altium experience preferred.
o CPU and bus interface design
o Clock layouts and transmission line issues
o High speed networking and serial communications
• Experience with advanced PLD implementation including HDL coding and simulation, Altera experience preferred.
• Ability to work hands on assembling, troubleshooting, and repairing complex electronic assemblies including high density surface mount boards.
• Proficiency with diagnostic equipment including oscilloscopes, TDR’s, and waveform generators.
• Familiarity with commercial fabrication methods and design for manufacturability.
• Experience supporting production and service personnel in a real world high tech manufacturing environment.
• Familiarity with ECR processes, quality systems, and inventory control issues.
• Mechanical aptitude a plus (experience or willingness to learn the operation of shop tools including hand tools, drill presses, CNC mill, 3D printer, etc).
• Working knowledge of mechanical design is considered a plus (3D CAD systems, experience with electro mechanical designs).
• High voltage and/or high vacuum experience is considered a plus.
• Flexibility and a willingness to take on diverse challenges and learn new skills outside of the traditional EE role as needed to solve problems and ensure team success.
• A hands-on attitude and a desire to work both with prototypes in the lab and with technicians on the production floor.
• Ability to think and act independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
• A demonstrated drive for results and a pride in both personal performance and team success.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements:
• BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience, MS preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.