Tetra Tech Systems Engineer in OK, United States
Title: Systems Engineer
Location: United States-OK-US-Oklahoma City
Job Number: 16100000258
people) is expected to last at least five years. Systems Engineers will be integrated with the technical teams and will be responsible for the secure design, implementation, operations and maintenance infrastructure and its integration with the software system.
- Perform systems engineering, integration, test, and deployment activities to support the software development, installation, test, operations and security of a complex turn key solution
- Lead the design, development, deployment and operations of the infrastructure, middleware, databases and management tools to support the secure installation and operations of the software system.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and increase automation.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of Microsoft, JBoss application stacks
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Ansible, Puppet, Chef and Microsoft based technologies) required
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Deep networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP) required
- Experience working in a Microsoft TFS environment preferred.
Tetra Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value workplace diversity.
We invite resumes from all interested parties and consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual preference, personal appearance, family responsibility, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or physical disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
Job: Information Technology