Nvidia Senior System Software Engineer in Santa Clara, California
We are now looking for a Senior System Software Engineer:
Nvidia’s invention of the GPU 1999 sparked the growth of the PC gaming market, redefined modern computer graphics, and revolutionized parallel computing. More recently, GPU deep learning ignited modern AI — the next era of computing — with the GPU acting as the brain of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can perceive and understand the world. Today, we are increasingly known as “the AI computing company”. We are looking to grow our company , and grow our teams with the smartest people in the world.
We are looking for an extraordinary engineer to join its Cloud Infrastructure team. You will be a technical domain expert in various complex virtualization technologies, storage systems and cloud platform software. This position will focus on design and implementation of next generation storage infrastructure to support our efforts in GPU based cloud services supporting high performance computing and deep learning applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- You design and implement distributed storage systems and components.
- You work with Linux kernel, on faster and better storage and network interconnects.
- You work in the userspace, on distributed containerized microservices.
- You support innovative AI/DL applications that demand the fastest access to petabytes of raw data.
What we need to see:
- CS or EE degree, with 5+ years of experience developing distributed systems
- Ability to quickly learn and evaluate new technologies through prototype implementation.
- Skilled in Linux kernel programming skills, as well as programming languages: Go, Python, Java, Perl are a plus
- Experienced in performing basic DevOps skills: Docker, messaging frameworks, logging, tracing, service discovery, load balancing and the ability to develop clean, readable, scalable code - fast are also ideal
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Master’s degree in Computer science
- Software defined storage development experience
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people on the planet working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time