Ricoh Americas Corporation Client Systems Engineer in Tempe, Arizona
The Client Systems Engineer is responsible for the configuration, installation, and maintenance of IT equipment, including: workstations, laptops, hardware peripherals, and printers. Participates in the evaluation, planning, development, documentation, & implementation of system upgrades & enhancements. Provides exceptional customer service and support.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains and supports configuration of workstations, laptops, peripheral hardware, and printers.
- Responsible for creation and installation of computer image, which includes the operating systems and applications for all workstation and laptops
- Maintains and supports software on user's home PC's and laptops to enable successful remote access to the client's network and applications.
- Provides quality customer service to all staff and clients including direct end-user assistance in support of the Help Desk. This requires expeditious claiming of routed Help Desk tickets and detailed resolution of problems.
- Liaisons with hardware and software manufacturers to resolve issues.
- Researches and recommends enhancements to the system to better serve the needs of the organization. This will be determined through the direction of management.
- Take the lead on projects assigned, following work plans and meeting deadlines as outlined for the project.
- Responsible for proper installation, configuration, documentation, and operation of workstation virus protection software.
- Participates in floor support for major system changes, rollout of new software, hardware, and system enhancements developed by the organization.
- Liaison with other IT groups to research, test, deploy, document, and upgrade new and existing hardware and software.
- Provide desk side support on escalated issues, as necessary.
- Works closely with IT staff to use and share knowledge and encourage open communication.
- Responsible for communication, coordination, & back up of other Help Desk members.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- High School Diploma or equivelent
- Secondary School Degree Preferred
- Technical Training & Certifications a plus (i.e.: A+, NETWORK +, MCP, MCSE, MOUS)
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.