Honeywell Senior System Integration Engineer in Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Senior System Integration Engineer
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing and distributing advanced electronic systems, products and services to commercial, defense and space industries. Globally, we have 40,000 employees and operate in over 125 international locations.
The Established Satellite Communications team, based in Tewkesbury, UK, now seeks a Senior Engineer to take us forward in the Aircraft Connectivity Market.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small team of domain leading experts within a Major Multinational Aerospace player. Aircraft Connectivity is one of the most significant growth areas and it is in its infancy. The opportunity to get on the ladder early in this complex domain and set the standards and systems for the next 50 plus years, is exciting and rewarding.
Principally, a Satellite Communications based team, we also have significant influence in air to ground (ATG) communications including LTE, GSM, VHF and others throughout Honeywell. Also leading into Data and Control links for UAS. We are actively involved in Government initiatives in this domain, notably ARTES, IRIS, ANTARES, SESAR, Clean Sky II.
We are interested to hear from candidates with system integration experience, especially in the telecoms sector. The role involves working closely with a team developing C/C++ in an embedded environment for telecommunication systems, so an appreciation of or background in this type of work would be beneficial.
The primary role of the job includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Supporting the integration of modems and telecommunication systems in an aeronautical environment
- Troubleshooting integration issues
- Reproducing in service issues
- Interpreting logs
- Understanding and debugging L23 protocols (e.g. 3G, Inmarsat BGAN, using Wireshark)
- Understanding and debugging L1 issues – i.e. signal integrity, decent SNR, error rate, channel coding.
- Working with internal and external customers
- Working with third party suppliers
Executing externally defined acceptance tests
20 Executing Project Subtasks
20 Presentations to leadership and customers
20 Consult with vendors and suppliers
20 Communicate non-compliance incidents
20 Establish and follow methodologies
Experience / Skills required:
- Graduate or MSC qualified in Electronics, Software Engineering or Communication Engineering ideally.
- Satcom/Cellular telecoms engineering: GAN, BGAN, GSM, UMTS/W-CDMA, LTE
- Networking i.e. TCP/IP, UDP, PPP, PPPoE, ISDN
- Scripting Languages especially Python
Familiarity operating test Equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analysers, Signal Generators)Experience / Skills desirable
Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge and experience of Avionics (especially DO178C Level D/E, ARINC 429, ARINC 781)
- Knowledge and experience of Satellite Communications
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD25285
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Green Lane, Ashchurch, Tewkesbury, GLOUCS GL20 8HD GBR
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.