Sonalysts, Inc. Junior System/Software Engineer in Waterford, Connecticut
Sonalysts, Inc. is seeking a system/software engineer with critical thinking and effective communication skills to perform systems and software engineering functions for defense system development projects. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the development of mission-critical, military software training applications and/or interfaces across all phases of the software development lifecycle.
What you will be doing:
• Working on interesting and challenging software projects such as:
o Modeling and Simulation of Satellite behaviors and advanced payloads.
o Modeling and Simulation of Aircraft behaviors including cockpit controls.
o Game-based Training Systems.
o User interface design & implementation.
• Using analytical and problem-solving skills to program in modern programming languages and operating system environments.
• Implementing with cutting edge technologies such as voice recognition, artificial intelligence, data mining, and the latest techniques in modeling and simulation.
• Participation in all areas of the software development lifecycle from planning through test and maintenance.
What’s in it for you:
• Becoming an integral part of an innovative, employee-owned company, which provides a full range of benefits including paid vacation time, tuition reimbursement program, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), and 401(k) plans.
• Opportunity to challenge yourself (learn and grow) intellectually as technologies advance.
• Working on challenging and innovative projects.
• U.S. citizen, eligible for a Department of Defense security clearance.
Please verify U.S. citizenship in your resume or cover letter. Submissions without a statement verifying U.S. citizenship will not be considered.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
• Knowledge of Object Oriented Concepts.
• Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
Desired, but not required, qualifications include:
• Knowledge of the Standard Software development lifecycle.
• Knowledge in UML Tools.
• Familiarity with at least one modern object oriented programming language (e.g., C#, Java, C++, .NET).
• Experience in software development involving software virtualization.
• Experience/knowledge in multiple development languages/environments.
• Experience in software requirements and design documentation, architecture definition and/or software integration.
Send resume to Sonalysts, Inc., 215 Parkway North, Waterford, CT 06385 or email@example.com. Reply to Ad 2218.
Sonalysts, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other basis protected by law.
Drug Testing Employer